USB updated players running the Digital Slideshow app can be updated using a standard USB. You will need to have a folder named slideshow at the root level of the USB (not in any other folders). The player has two modes for updating content:
- The content in the slideshow folder is added to the existing playlist: the updated playlist is whatever was already showing plus the content in the slideshow folder of the update USB.
- The content in the slideshow folder is deleted from the existing playlist: the updated playlist will be replaced by the content in the slideshow folder of the update USB.
Once the player has updated its playlist you can remove the update USB.
If the slideshow folder is empty, the player will make no changes to the existing playlist. To clear the existing content, it is recommended to put a single black image in the slideshow folder of the USB, make sure the player is set to delete existing content on update, and then update the player with the single black image.
Changing the Content Update Mode
To change between adding updated content to the existing playlist or replacing the existing playlist with new content you will need to connect either a keyboard or mouse to a USB port on the player.
1. Click and drag from the left corner of the screen, or press the enter button on the keyboard to bring up the menu.
2. Using the mouse click Basic Settings, or using the keyboard press the down arrow until Basic Settings is highlighted and then press enter.
3. Using the mouse click Action on Flash drive insert, or using keyboard press the down arrow until Action on Flash drive insert is highlighted and press enter.
4. Using the mouse click on Copy files from Flash drive or Delete files from device and copy from Flash drive depending on the mode you want to use; or using the keyboard:
Press the down arrow until Copy files from Flash drive or Delete files from device and copy from Flash drive is highlighted and press enter.
The device should now be ready to update from the USB based on the selected mode.