What you Need
In order to perform this troubleshooting you will need the samsung TV remote.
You will also need the connection URL of the screen/s you are troubleshooting.
You can get the connection URL by:
- When your Samsung screen is on, press the home button on the remote. This will bring up a menu screen. Press the up arrow button (to select change URL) and press enter. This will bring up a URL - record the URL.
Using the Remote
- The arrow buttons - use these to navigate through menu options
- The enter button - use this to select an option
- The menu button - used for general screen settings
- The home button - used for settings of the software
Ensure that you are aiming the front of the remote at the TV remote sensor.
This is on the bottom left corner of the screen if it is in a portrait orientation or the bottom right if in landscape.
The first thing to try with a Samsung that isn't updating is to turn the screen off, and then turn it on again to see if that forces an update.
If this is required on a regular basis to get the screen to update then please contact support - details are in the contact support section below.
If this doesn't resolve the issue then the next step is to try a factory reset of the screen.
- First turn the screen off using the remote
- Press the following buttons in order: mute, 1, 8, 2, power - for best results press each button for around half a second
- The following menu should appear on the screen (if it doesn't, repeat steps 1 and 2):
- Press the enter button on the remote, and press it again when the next menu appears
- The screen should go blank - wait 10 seconds and then turn the screen on again
- The first time setup screen will appear - the defaults we use to set up the screens are:
- Language: English
- Orientation: Portrait (unless your screen is in a landscape orientation);
- Screen Off Timer (0 Hours);
- Network Settings: Auto-detects if wired and DHCP, otherwise select the wireless network/input settings for wired, non-DHCP network
- Date/Time: Current date/time
- URL Launcher - this is where you need the URL for the screen
- Device Name: Go straight to next and skip this step
- Setup is complete
- Press enter again (URL Launcher should be selected) and your DDB should show up
Support can be contacted at email@example.com.
If you have tried the above steps and are still experiencing issues, we will need a couple of photos to help us determine the cause of the issue.
- Press the menu button on the remote
- Navigate down to 'Support' and press enter on the remote
- Navigate to 'Contact Samsung' and press enter on the remote
- Take a photo of the window that appears (such that all text is visible), press the down button on the remote and take another photo
- Send those photos through to firstname.lastname@example.org